Rebates and government schemes:
When you make contact with Astra King & Assoc., the administration manager (or receptionist in her/his absence) will discuss options based upon your description of needs and chosen funding arrangement:
- potential professionals/ services;
- all financial responsibilities;
- you choose who you would like to book your service with.
- book an appointment time that suits you within practice hours
1 Privately funded
- The Better Access to Mental Health program (Federal program) supports individuals with a range of already diagnosed (not for new assessments eg IQ testing) to receive Medicare rebates for up to a maximum of ten individual and ten group sessions per year. http://www.health.gov.au/mentalhealth-betteraccess
- The Chronic Health program is for those individuals who have chronic health issues and require support for associated functional difficulty. This allows for up to five sessions and is not exclusive to psychology. This program allows the individual to see a range of professionals for their health related needs, such as a dietician, podiatrist, psychologist, social worker, etc.
- The Helping Children With Autism & Better Start for children with a Disability- Medicare programs are limited to 20 sessions in a lifetime and must be used by the age of 15 years (with a documented diagnosis by the age of 13 years. health.gov.au/
Important things to remember:
- The rebate amounts available are different for different programs;
- The rebate amounts available are different for different professionals or for different specialty of professionals (eg. a generalist psychologist has a different rebate from a clinical psychologist). All professionals are limited to the same number of rebated sessions.
Private insurance rebates
Call your private health provider to discuss accessing Psychology extras / benefits from your policy as some Private Health insurance companies will require you to exhaust a mental health plan before accessing your private health policy.
We are an NDIS Registered Service provider, so all individuals who are plan managed, NDIS managed or Self managed can access services.
Please see the NDIS page for more information.